Did you know?
- Approximately 25% of all students in college have at least one child between the ages of 0-17?
- At MSU, student parents are estimated to comprise between 3%-5% of the total student population? These numbers are possibly under reported as student parents must self-idenitfy.
- Single mothers are less likely than their peers to complete college (Institute for Women’s Policy Research, 2017).
Did you also know?
- Student parents who connect with other student parents and the student parent resource center find peer and social support to help them succeed at MSU?
- Student parents can and do graduate with similar or higher grade point averages than their non-student parent counterparts?
- Children of college graduate are 10x more likely to attend college and live well -above the poverty line?
Do you know a student parent at MSU or future MSU student parent? Help them to connect with the Student Parent Resource Center!