Did you know?
• Approximately 25% of all students in college have at least one child between the ages of 0-17.
• At MSU, student parents are estimated to comprise between 3-5% of the total student population. These numbers are possibly under reported as student parents must self-identify.
• Single mothers are less likely than their peers to complete college. (Institute for Women’s Policy Research, 2017)
• Student parents who connect with other student parents and the Student Parent Resource Center find peer and social support to help them succeed at MSU.
• Student parents can and do graduate with similar or higher grade point averages than their non-parent student peers.
• Children of college graduate are 10x more likely to attend college and live well above the poverty line.
Do you know a current or future student parent at MSU? Help connect them with the Student Parent Resource Center!